- Kills up to 99% of mites in one application
- Continuously-released in the colony over a six-week period, ensuring healthy and productive hives
- Proven safe and effective for more than 15 years
- Leaves no significant residues in hive products
- Convenient and easy to use
- Dramatically cuts mite population
- Saves time and effort
10 strips per package.
Directions for use:
- Remove honey supers before application of Apivar.
- Use 2 Apivar strips per brood chamber (i.e., one strip per 5 Frames of Bees – FoB).
- Separate the double strip and hang each strip between two comb frames inside the brood area or the bee cluster, with a minimum distance of 2 frames between strips.
- Suspend Apivar strips in the heart of the brood (not on the edge) in such a way that the bees can walk on both sides of the strips.
- Leave strips inside the hive for 42 days, and then remove.
In case of movement inside the beehive far from the strips, reposition the strips into the bee cluster, and leave the strips in place for 14 more days.
Strips must be removed after a maximum of 56 days. DO NOT re-use the strips.