Protein Patty w/ 4% Natural Pollen, Approx 1 lb. per patty.
Why use protein patties?
- Bees need both protein and carbohydrate for good build-up and to produce large honey crops.
- Feed protein patties in spring to ensure colony health, maximum build-up and maximum production for the entire year, and reduce losses and dwindling the following winter.
- Patties ensure a balanced diet when bees are unable to forage due to weather, short of stored pollen, in monoculture areas where only a few pollen sources are to found, too weak to forage, subject to competition from stronger hives in the yard, stressed by weather, pesticides, mites and diseases.
- Save labour checking queens: Patty consumption gives a quick indication of queen and colony condition.
- Patties are easy to move around on top bars and share between hives.
- 7 or more – $2.95
- 36 or more – $2.60